Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wideband LNA design technique

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calvinckc

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In order to design a wideband amplifier,
instead of using mismatch, what other factors are needed to take consideration to design ?

YOU can look for the book---'Microwave transistor amplifier analysis and design' by Gonzalez

-Using wideband transistors
-Applying parallel/series ( or both ) feedback
-Implementing multistage PI or T type L-C matching circuits at input nd output
-At higher frequencies, configuring " balanced or distributed" amplifier topologies

for wideband amplifiers.....

For using wideband transistor, that means it just needs a simple matching network ???

If you are doing a wideband, and I assume UWB LNA, two papers were published on it at ISSCC 2004.

If you can get a copy, both used bandpass filters at the input to do matching.

In general applicaiton, lowering circuit-Q induce wide bandwidth.

Lossy matching using R or feedback technique is good candidates.

If you need ultra wide bandwidth, active matching using CG(CB) and CD(CC) configuration or distrubuted amplifier could be good candidates.

BR

frequency range?

I can recommend some devices and design circuits

you can look for this book
"RF and Microwave Circuit and Component Design for Wireless Systems"
By :Kai Chang, Inder Bahl, Vijay Nair

8.7 Narrow band amplifier: ( p 293 )
8.7.1 maximum power gain desing
8.7.2 low-Noise amplifer desing

Regards

I designed 0.5GHz to 25GHz LNA with distributed technic.

There is a good chapter about UWB LNA.

How much power are you looking to get from your broadband LNA? What NFmax? IIP3? OIP3? CMRR? The topology that you choose depends on your answers. If you tell me some of the spec, I can give you my opinion on which topology to choose.
Good luck

talaxx said:
I'm so confused!
He has used only negative feedback to increase the bandwidth, why did not use distributed scheme?

There is a good paper on Wideband LNAs in CICC 2006 By S. Chehrazi and A. Abidi.

Status
Not open for further replies.