Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wideband lna design query

Status
Not open for further replies.

akshu

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have designed LNA using Philips mos model 11 in ADS. can anyone pls help me to prepare layout. How to prepare layout and what tool to use?? How can i fabricate the IC after layout preparation??
pls help??

ADS can be used for layout if your PDK has layout features for ADS.Otherwise it should have "Cadence Virtuoso Layout tool(s)" feature.( Maybe both..)
After finishing the layout, you have to do " Design Rule Checking" (DRC) and "Layout Versus Schematic" ( LVS) to be sure that your layout is error-free and the layout is %100 replica of the schematic.
Then you prepare GDS II file and send it to your foundry...
*Wait 5 to 12 weeks then you will be regretted for being as Design Engineer..

Last was a joke.. good luck anyway..

Reactions: akshu

akshu

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
how to find gain error and phase error of balun-lna in ads.

how to find gain error and phase error of balun-lna in ads.

By doing s-parameters simulation.If you balun has 3 ports, check db(S(3,1)) and dB(S(2,1)) for gain imbalancing and phase(S(3,1)) and phase(S(2,1)) for phase imbalancing.

Reactions: akshu

akshu

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.