Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wideband limiting amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

pugongying

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I wanna design a wideband limiting amplifier,which has around 7dB gain ,and 2G bandwidth,consumes less than 1mA current from 2V supply,would you please give some sugguestion about the structure and approach?

==Summary==
Gain:7dB
BW:2GHz
Vdd:2V
Itotal:<1mA

=========

Thanks

search net about cherry hopper amplifier, it will be explained in razavi in integrated circuits for optical communications, razavi published things about wideband amplifiers

pugongying said:
I wanna design a wideband limiting amplifier,which has around 7dB gain ,and 2G bandwidth,consumes less than 1mA current from 2V supply,would you please give some sugguestion about the structure and approach?

==Summary==
Gain:7dB
BW:2GHz
Vdd:2V
Itotal:<1mA

=========

Thanks

it is quite depends what technology you use and also how much the load your LA going to drive. If you use 0.18 um, it is easilly acheive that spec.

You can try the folded active inductor and cherry hopper (search on net) to achieve the specification. I believe the specs that you are looking for is easily can be achieved with 0.18um process and even with less current. Pls find the attachment. Good luck and hopes this help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back