Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wideband 1GHz-10GHz Filter - basicquestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhargav pandya

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Wideband Filter

Hello all

Is it possible to design an Ultra Wideband Analog Filter?

Let's say for a frequency from 1G- 10GHz.

What kind of filter would work for that frequency?

What should be the rank of the filter?

Need immediate help pls.

Thanks in advance and reviewing my post.

Wideband Filter

How steep does the rolloff need to be? You might do best with a high pass filter and a lowpass filter. I've also seen several bandpass filters used together as a means of widening the passband. This leaves a good deal of ripple in the passband, however.

Please let us know what your stopband needs to be.

Wideband Filter

Thanks for reply.

The filter will be used for impedance matching for an RF receiver.

The receiver is going to be designed for 1-10G. What should be the order of filter if I want to do a BPF?

Wideband Filter

If you're matching the S parameters of the RF amplifier, then you don't have much choice in which values to use. You can usually make either a lowpass or a highpass filter, depending on what the matching parameters you have are. I would suggest choosing either a lowpass or a highpass filter to match the S parameters, then if you use a lowpass filter on the input to the filter, use a high-pass filter to do output matching (or vice-versa).

Status
Not open for further replies.