Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wide range PLL complete schematic needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would recommend a DDS synthesizer instead. Look at the analog devices webpage.

Reactions: neazoi

neazoi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
The problem with dds is the chip package. I have not found a DIP package dds chip nowhere.
Another problem may be the availability of the dds chip after a few years.

The simple pll shown above is a good aproach to the homebuilder but I do not know if it could extend to 30MHz?

There used to be dip packaged dds chips...look around, like on ebay. They don't make them that way anymore because the clock frequencies have gotten too high for a dip package.

you can use an adapter and hand solder on the ssop type dds chips to it:

SOIC Adapters

Last edited:

neazoi

Maybe is cheaper to buy one of these already made PLL modules available from your country:

PLL - jpl995

neazoi

This is now the radio amateur way but thank you for the links.
Searching for 1Hz step plls on the web is even more difficult!

I know its fun to homebrew a PLL, but buying one of these cheap modules you can spend more time playing with the RF side of the circuit.
Anyway, to build a 1Hz step PLL (integer type) using common chip sets is a big headache, and involving a lot of stages (at least two loops) and discrete components.

Status
Not open for further replies.