Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wide band combline filter design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Needbias

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
uwave combline

How to design a combline filter(round slabline)with bandwidth great than 40%,for example 4~8GHz,and whoever has the experience using uwave wizards to design such combline filter?
Thx.

u can use @DS and MWO for filter design , they have a filter design wizard so u can do they job , and then simulate the filter usign EM simulator for accurate simulation

in @DS use passive circuit design guide

wish this help

khouly

Thanks.But it sames to bandwidths great than 40%,ads and mwo have no model can solve?

What is your filter requirement?
Passband: insertion loss, ripple, group delay variation, VSWR
Stopbands: attenuation

VSWR said:
What is your filter requirement?
Passband: insertion loss, ripple, group delay variation, VSWR
Stopbands: attenuation
frequency:4~8GHZ INBAND IR<-4dB
VSWR<2
IR<-50@ F<9GHZ

hi all...
i m doing my final year project on microstrip interdigital banpass filter application for WLan using AWR software...
i reallly dont know what should i do firstand how to design it..can any one help me on these..

thank you..

frequency:4~8GHZ INBAND IR<-4dB
VSWR<2
IR<-50@ F<9GHZ

Can you live with interdigital design? For combline, the resonator are too closely situated and it is very difficult to arrange the tuning screws. It is possible to make this filter but it is very difficult to make it. I don't know if there is any commercial filter software that can design this filter.

This thread is 5 years old...

However, the stuff in the post above about the tutor made me laugh. I thought at first it was some kind of filter design tutor :lol:

Reactions: raiz

raiz

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.