Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why we use FPGAs with evaluation boards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tavakoli

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
about evaluation boards

hi there
I'm a begginer in using FPGA's so I wanna know why we use FPGA's with evaluation boards (we can program FPGA's and use them without evaluation boards)

thnx

Re: about evaluation boards

Eveluation boards (depending on which one) also can be used in prototyping environments.

In school we use the @ltera evb (student). These boards has switches and displays and LED's installed so people don't have to connect them. Just program and test.

Other EVB's just have through hole boards (HC11) and user can place components directly to board but, you still have to wire them in circuit.

The EVB's really serve 2 purposes.
1. provide way for people to utilize board and if project is mass producable, generate more sales.

2. gives students, hobbiest and professionals a chance to see what product can do. Again If people like, future sales.

Hope this helps
wa

hi there

i fully agree with wa. eavluvation boards r used to give flexibility and veratility to the beginers. also on these boards the verification and testing of design is easy as it has numerous suppoting inputs and outputs are given by the provider. also that risc of device faliures is also rreduced to minimum at the time when the user doesnot have much experience with the thing.

bye
ashish

Eval boards is the way to go to learn FPGA. You dont worry about hardware problems with them that you might face with something you designed on your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back