Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

why we need Single Value Decompostion in MIMO Channel???

Status
Not open for further replies.

bee

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone plz tell me why we need Single Value Decompostion in MIMO Channel???

waiting

Singular value decompostion is an important way used in MIMO communications. SVD is used to decompose the MIMO channel into its parallel channels. The most important thing in using SVD is that it can be used only when the problem underconsideration is point to point link. if its not point to point link then it is almost impossible to use SVD for MIMO communications. SVD is also used for precoding in MIMO communications, which is imoprtant for interference pre-cancellation. I hope you got my point, if its not clear plz let me know.

Kind Regards

Arif

hi

we use svd in MIMO systems when we use multiple antenna in MIMO sytems for capacity purposes. (not for diversity).

thanks.

SVD is used to show that whenever transmitter has channel state information, we can diagnolized the MIMO channel to bunch of parallel channel, whose capacity computation is straightword.

SVD is used to show that whenever transmitter has channel state information, we can diagnolized the MIMO channel to bunch of parallel channel, whose capacity computation is straightword.

So, is the method of SVD used only for computation purposes? Does it hold any physical meaning as well? I mean, the MIMO channel still is many-to-many channel, right? Or do we do something with the Singular values obtained by the SVD to actually convert the channel to many one-to-one channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back