Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why we need pilot sequence to form ofdm frame?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cambyzhu

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone tell me why we need pilot sequence to form ofdm frame? and why is it use for Synchronization?

Re: Pilot sequence

pilot sequence are special sequences which which have extra power as well as their structure is known at receiver that is why they are used for synchronisastion as they are first send and trained and are interleaved within the message so that the receiver can acquire lock on them

hi,

Pilot sequences are the unmodulated data we are transmitting along with the data.

Pilots are used for syncronization and Channel estimation purposes.

Channel estimation is the main thing we need to concentrate for improving the channel capacity .

More the number of pilots more efficeintly we can estimate the channel and increase the capacity .

But as pilots increases overhead increases.

so the selection of pilots is such that tradeoff should be considered between pilots symbols and spectral efficiency.

In IEEE 802.11 OFDM standard we are using 64 subcarreirs per OFDM symbol in these 64 , 48 are for data and 4 are Pilot and remaining are for zeropadding .

If there is any mistakes correct me

Regards,
Goud

can u plz tell me how to add this pn sequence to the data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back