Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

why we me must make a dummy for matching

Status
Not open for further replies.

aziznokia

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dummy

He Guys

why we me must make a dummy for matching (transistors or resistors ..)

Re: Dummy

it is used for protection esp. on resistors. poly resistors are susceptible to variable etching on edges during fabrication.

we must use dummies on both sides of matching array to protect from etching while doing fabrication.but we must connect dummies to vdd or gnd depend upon array.
dummies used for better matching.

aziznokia said:
He Guys

why we me must make a dummy for matching (transistors or resistors ..)

The most important reason is to make the same condition all the components which needs to be matched.

Dummy

All the previous posts are correct...

Basically what you want is to have all the components that need good matching under the exactly same conditions, that's why, in order to avoid possible process etching effects in the border components, you place dummies in order to have them affected, and avoid having active components being affected...

That way, no active component is affected by the process and all of them see exactly the same neighbor conditions around them...

Hope this helps to clarify

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back