Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why using optoisolator? Need sample of interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

shereen15

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Why using optoisolator?

Hello everybody,

My project is design IC Controller for three-phase inverter using FPGA and VHDL coding. Now Im asked to design an interface circuit using optoisolator. I want to know the reason why I've to use optoisolator? And can I have sample of interface circuit using optoisolator?

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Shereen

Re: Why using optoisolator?

shereen15 said:
Hello everybody,

My project is design IC Controller for three-phase inverter using FPGA and VHDL coding. Now Im asked to design an interface circuit using optoisolator. I want to know the reason why I've to use optoisolator? And can I have sample of interface circuit using optoisolator?

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Shereen

Hi,
Opto isolators are used to electrically isolate(no noise coupling) the 'input' and the 'processing' circuits .

For ur Ref..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opto-isolator

Regards,
S

Re: Why using optoisolator?

The electrical isolation also prevents high voltages being transfered to the controller in the case of one of the components failing.

Status
Not open for further replies.