Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why the value of decap between power and ground plane doesn't make any difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuan556

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i done the simulation by placing the decap in between the power and ground plane,i found that the value of the decap or bypass dont make any significant effect,why?
thanks

Re: decap value

chuan556 said:
i done the simulation by placing the decap in between the power and ground plane,i found that the value of the decap or bypass dont make any significant effect,why?
thanks

Simulators work in an ideal world which means that it is possible to start a simulation with a fully charged capacitor in which case when the circuit is switched on it will have no effect.

Also note you will have to use a noisy power supply (simulators use a 100% smooth DC supply). (Introduce noise by using an opamp in the summing mode.)

Try looking in your initial conditions settings.

decap value

i am using speed2000,how to check the setting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back