Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why should I learn Pascal in the presence of C, C++,Delphi ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eehero

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
why pascal?

Hi everybody:
It is a question always i ask for myself, why to learn pascal in the presence of C, C++,delphi, ....??

Re: why pascal?

One of my programmer friends tells me that the support for Pascal and Pascal compilers is dwindling away. It is easier than C to learn.

Three remarks:

Delphi (respectively Kylix for Linux) is Pascal (plus some extras). I guess, it will stay for many more years.

Besides PC's and x86 processors, only a few processors are supported by pascal compilers. I think 8051, may be PIC and surely AVR with AVRco (https://www.e-lab.de/index_en.html). In contrast, any processor is supported by C-compilers. This must be considered.

A professional programmer or electronic engineer in general should be able to use any programming language after short practizing. This doesn't exclude, that one of used languages is your favourite, something like a mother tongue.

Regards,
Frank

For a hardware guy, pascal will be 100 times easiest than C.
Why a hardware guy need to know software ? Because must program alone his microcontrollers...

why pascal?

Maybe learning Pascal may coding in better structure when doing C.

Pascal is an academic programming language i.e. it was developed specially for learning people basic concepts of programming. So it's more easy than C++ and will give you an idea of how to write programs. Using these knowledge you can learn any language you want.

For me C was much easy to learn.. in C you can do a lot of things and in Pascal these thing would be more complex to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back