Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

why p+ poly resistors are preferred over n+ poly resistors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kapilsn

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
N+ and P+ poly resistors

when we say that it is a n+ poly resistor ,do we mena that the poly is doped with n+.??
Also can anyone tell me why it is said that p+ poly resistors are preferred over n+ poly resistors.

Re: N+ and P+ poly resistors

kapilsn said:
when we say that it is a n+ poly resistor ,do we mena that the poly is doped with n+.??
Yes.
kapilsn said:
Also can anyone tell me why it is said that p+ poly resistors are preferred over n+ poly resistors.
Because generally p+ poly resistors have a lower TC1 (but their VC1 mostly is larger than that of n+ poly resistors).

Usually the sheet resitance of p+ poly is larger than n+ poly. That helps when you try to save area.

Re: N+ and P+ poly resistors

kapilsn said:

Check with foundry's mismatch report and you will know the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back