Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why oscillation occurs during interchange of charging/discharging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spaceoca

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a simple circuit, two voltage sources with a line impedance (R=0.1, L=0.01) in between them, the controller is developed in Simulink which is able to charge or discharge depends on certain conditions.

From simulation results, I can see that there is small oscillation during each interchange of charge/discharge. The oscillation can be seen in current, voltage and also reactive power. (but not in active power).

I know this could be simple, but I don't understand why this oscillation occurs. Could someone please explain? Thank you!!

A circuit comprised of two voltage sources, R and L doesn't oscillate. What kind of "controller" are you talking about?

Try a meaningfull problem description, preferably referring to a schematic.

I am controlling voltage source A to charge/discharge voltage source B depending on pre-defined condition.

for example, from t=0 to t=10, voltage source A is charging voltage source B , from t=10 to t=20, voltage source B is charging voltage source A.
From simulation results, I can see that there is small oscillation during each interchange of charge/discharge. The oscillation can be seen in current, voltage and also reactive power. (but not in active power).

I want to understand why oscillation occurs during during each interchange of charge/discharge. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back