Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why NMOS has snapback properties

Status
Not open for further replies.

bicave

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
nmos + snapback

I wonder how NMOS can have snapback,
ESD so complicated! I don;t know its behavior. Do you have any material illustrate it more clear.

Thanks

snapback nmos

NMOS transistor has parastic BJT npn. During snapback, this BJT transistor that conducting the current. So, the snapback current is actually a parasitic BJT current

nmos snapback

Is this BJT current is triggered by high electric field near the drain junction? which is so called J-E heating?

Some explanations:
Due to high electric field at NMOS drain, electron-hole pairs are generated as a result of avalanche break-down, then parasitic BJT is triggered when source-substrate junction is forward-biased.

I assume you are referring to joule-heating by "J-E heating": the power consumed by Rsub of parasitic BJT.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Jordan

It perhaps before snapback only BVds affect; while P-sub current cause parastics NPN BE junction conduct, parastics NPN affect. Vce is smaller than BVds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back