Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Why my multimeter does not show the correct value for AC voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fractional-N

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have a "RFG2502" function generator, I've set it to 2.45MHz. (the amplitude is approximately 10 volts)
26042012017b.gif
I also have a ds1022cd oscilloscope, it shows my waveform,
26042012026b.gif
until now its all OK
but when I want to measure the output voltage of my function generator with my multimeters I get zero volt for both DC and AC voltages
I have two multimeters 1. Victor 88c and 2. GoodWill GDM-394
26042012027b.gif

26042012033b.gif

shouldn't they show the RMS value of the waveform in AC mode? (I know that the DC value is zero but why the AC value is shown zero here?)

Check your multimeter specification , common millimeters are usually rated for AC up to 1KHz

Alex

insert the multimeter probes into your electric socket at home and check if you can get any reading. Its 60Hz usually and give you reading around 220 AC. If you get that then your mutimeter does not support 2.45MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back