Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why my LCD is not working on 32.768khz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UroBoros

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lcd problem on 32.768khz

Hai
My lcd interface programe on PIC (16F877) works ok on 4mhz. but when I changed the clock to 32.768khz lcd is not working.Controller is running but only lcd fails to work.i am using delay insted of busy check.It has been adjusted for new crystal,but lcd shows some non sence for some time and disappears.Any clue?
Picstudent

Re: lcd problem on 32.768khz

Hi

If 16F877 main clock is 32KHz maybe your system is running to slow for writing to the LCD controller !

Output main system clock to one of the I/O and measure it using a scope or a counter

best

Bobi

Re: lcd problem on 32.768khz

Hai
Thank you for the response.
I have located the problem.I was using a common write data routine for the data transfer to lcd (as usual).I used the same routine for pushing the 8 bit command during initialisation.In 4 mhz as the system was fast the lcd ignored the second half of the command as in busy state.So it worked properly.When i reduced the clock the system becomes too slow that the unwanted second part also pushed in, and lcd got confused.(I presume!)
Now ok
Thanks again
Picstudent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back