Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why MWS and HFSS gives so different results?

Status
Not open for further replies.

irfan1

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The structure is quite simple...two monopoles (feed by waveguide) in free space...I have simulated these structures both in HFSS and MWS...the results are quite different...first of all resonance in S11 is at different frequency for MWS and for HFSS...second, the magnitude of the resonance is quite different...can somebody tell why the results are very different? I have attached both the MWS and HFSS project files.

are you sure you attached correct file?

Regards.

yes...why? did you get some errors?

I didnt see the HFSS project file there.
And I didnt find any problem in CST from the simulation results.

When unzip this file, some error generated, seems that there are few subfolders there, but those folders can not be opened. very weird folder name, can not be identified by windows. After that, I can see only CST file.

Regards,

it may be due to the RAR version...please find the .zip version in the attachement below

Your HFSS is not correctly setup. You may check my modification.
No nay problem for simulation results comparison.

Regards,

The resonant frequency has small difference, because I changed the radius of your cylinder in the model, the project file you attached is not properly built.
Simulatino freuency range is 2~8Ghz, please remember the raidation boundary should be at least quarter wavelength away from the structure. Waveport inside the radiation box is used.

Regards,

irfan1

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back