Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why is the timing report difference between Astro and DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueant

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In one case, I found the components of the timing path (same star point, same end point) is difference between Astro's timing-report and DC timing-report. Anyone can tell me why?
Thanks

Because these two tools use different algorithms to calculat path delay, and the most important thing is path delay reported from dc is load based and path delay in astro is RC based.

Although Astro and DC has different algorithms, but they should get the same result, because they all want to calculate the path delay!

DC only estimate time path information!astro count this time path in reality component circuit!so this is the different ! astro is accurate and right!

clivechen said:
Although Astro and DC has different algorithms, but they should get the same result, because they all want to calculate the path delay!

There are certainly different, path delay in dc just contains cell delay, and path delay in astro contains both cell delay and net delay

There are certainly different, path delay in dc just contains cell delay, and path delay in astro contains both cell delay and net delay[/quote]

Astro can ignore net delay.

DC is not a timing engine it is a synthesis engine , you can compare Prime time and Astro reports , they are almost equivalent

because the wire load model is different between astro and DC.

blueant said:
In one case, I found the components of the timing path (same star point, same end point) is difference between Astro's timing-report and DC timing-report. Anyone can tell me why?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back