Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

why is that we take clock skew ast 20% of the clock period??

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivekrajeev

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
i do not understand how people arrived at the value that skew should be 20% of clock period. Could you please answer each question with number in detail. I would be so grateful to you

1. Also one more doubt does the area of the design influence the insertion delay ???

2. Also if i give a lesser skew value while building CTS will the cells sit much closely causing congestion and waste the remaining area??

3. Can i control the insertion delay of my entire design while building CTS?

4. i have a design that i want to operate at certain frequency how do I arrive at what skew no and insertion delay no i should have

Thanks
RLC

Hi
i do not understand how people arrived at the value that skew should be 20% of clock period.

Who told you that? A senior design engineer? I understand that usually for a company you do already have specs for constraining the timing.

4. i have a design that i want to operate at certain frequency how do I arrive at what skew no and insertion delay no i should have

Why do we have to achieve a certain value for the clock skew? Why don't we force the tool to have zero clock skew?

Thanks.

We use 20% uncertainity to consider all the factors which come into design after synthesis like Clock Skew, Process mismatch etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back