Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

why is MATLAB so popular?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG1995

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I have beginner-level knowledge of C++. I have read that MATLAB is also language. What is so special about it that it is being taught in every school? Could you please give me some information on that? Thank you

MATLAB was the first matrix based numerical analysis tool software specially designed to engineering, easy to learn, due to its intuitive language, similar to C.

+++

Well said Andre,

MATLAB also benefited greatly from the ability to extend it's basic features through the use of the "Toolbox" concept. The "Toolbox" is used by not only MATLAB, but a myriad of other companies have created their own application specific "Toolboxes" to expand MATLAB's capabilities.

Yeah...

And also other attached tools, like Simulink with several funcionalityes.
The free student version was an marketing strategy that atracted a wide amount of persons at academinc community, and guarantee its usage at professional work.

+++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back