Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why infractions given on EDA Board never expires?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yadavvlsi

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
EDA board provides infractions to the members who breaks the forum rules. The first purpose of infractions is as a deterrent. The second function of infractions is hope of reforming. Members who have done wrong have to understand that they have done wrong, and hopefully repent for their actions. Presently the infractions given are never expires. In my opinion infractions should be for some specific time period like 2,3 or 6 months rather than permanent so that members can reform. Infractions that never expires are sadistic. I invites moderators and members views on this topic.

That is a solution. What is the problem?

I was warned about something I posted in off topic. I did it out of ignorance at the time, but I hardly feel the warning should expire unless the rules change. To call that sadistic demeans that term.

John

In general I think that an expiration period for some of the infractions wouldn't be a bad idea.
I would agree for infractions concerning useless post, upper case letters, duplicate content and wrong section
but not for Sharing and requesting copyrighted material or insulting other members.

Alex

You can always ask moderator who gave you infraction. This is only a moderator decision. Normally infractions never expires.

Once a complaint is logged and FIR is filed, there is no question of its expiry no matter how good is his charcter now or be in future. Same applies to the infractions. It may be a reminder so as not to make the mistake again and go out of rules.

...I would agree for infractions concerning useless post, upper case letters, duplicate content and wrong section...

I noticed sometimes the very poor explanation of few members who ask for solution.
This could be at rule list, and represent a soft infraction.
Just a sugestion.

+++

Status
Not open for further replies.