Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why I can see supply voltage pins of the chip in Protel ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Learner

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Prot*l 99SE question

Does anyone know why when place an op amp eg. TL074 chip in the schematic it does not show supply voltage pins of the chip? I am trying to make a PCB layout but just wondering why the chip does not have Vcc pin so I can place power ports to the pin.

Re: Prot*l 99SE question

If you go into the library editor you an unhide the pins, right now they are most likely hidden and tied to the appropraite nets.

-Jayson

Thanks Jayson!
If you can not fit the schematic into the same page, how do you add more pages of schematic but make the PCB layout to include all pages of schematic?

Does anyone know where I can find a list of footprints for components in Protel? I have been taught at college that you'd need to enter them individually when you place each component, however I would like to place a potentiometer in a schematic to make my PCB layout and I do not know what to enter as the footprint for the potentiometer.

Thanks in advance!

If the potentiometer has all three leads in-line seperated by 0.100" you could just use
SIP3 as the footprint.

To view footprints in general I'd suggest you open the PCB library to view.

--------------------------------------------
To use multiple schematic sheets, all you need to do is create a master schematic sheet and create sheet symbols of the corresponding schematics, it will then ask you how to treat nets (i.e., global or local to each sheet), etc. You can then (re)annotate the entire design.

- Jayson

Learner

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Jayson said:
If the potentiometer has all three leads in-line seperated by 0.100" you could just use
SIP3 as the footprint.

To view footprints in general I'd suggest you open the PCB library to view.

--------------------------------------------
To use multiple schematic sheets, all you need to do is create a master schematic sheet and create sheet symbols of the corresponding schematics, it will then ask you how to treat nets (i.e., global or local to each sheet), etc. You can then (re)annotate the entire design.

- Jayson

The potentiometer I have is a Bourns PCB mount pot with 2 pins inline and the middle pin in diagnal forming a triangle, how do you find footprints to decide what to enter? Isn't there a list of footprints available for selection?

I am on term break at the moment and can not find anyone at college for consultation, thank you so much for your help!!!

A list does not exist of the footprints because libraries (even the included ones) are more or less addons, most companies create their own libraries of components.

Instead of looking around for the right footprint, it might be quicker to simply create it yourself and start building your own custom PCB footprint library. Creating a 3 lead components can be done in only a couple minutes.

- Jayson

Does anyone know why I get this error???

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

What does sub-nest mean?? sorry about the newbie question......

I have tried to place an individual ground to each J2-1 and J3-3 but I still get the same error message.... :(

The rule check you are showing is for the circuit board layout. Have you already routed the board? Unless all of the components are actually connected, you will get the sub-net error.

The sub-net error message you are seeing means that the components on the circuit board are not physically connected with copper traces, or planes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back