Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why do you require company name for registration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thezombiekat

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Why do you require company name for registration.

There are forums here inviting questions from beginner hobbyists and students. These people do not do electronics in the course of employment so cannot write a company down. But putting anything in the field is technically fraud.

While it is highly unlikely that anybody would care that I just formally claimed to be associated with a company called NA it is bad manners to require fields be completed when there can reasonably be no valid answer.

I don´t think that fill the company field with a "not applicable" tag ( N/A , NA , ... ) would characterize an irreal statement. In fact, for ensure some standardizing should be important have labeled on the form somethig like: Please, inform NA if you don´t work.

In the past when asked online for a company name, I have answered 'Home' or 'Home Office', never had a problem.
or Retired. [ as I am]

I think that's acceptable to ask for a company name but I don't think they actually need or even want something like a full address. If you have a problem with it just type 'electronics' or 'computers', you know something general. What Esp does is also awesome and it's true: working from home or retired. I think this is exactly the kind of information board moderators are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back