Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why do we require LED drivers for white LEDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudhir258

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PLEASE TELL ME THAT WHY WE REQUIRE A LED DRIVER FOR WHITE LEDS, AS IF RED, GREEN ,BLUE, YELLOW LEDS DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY DRIVING CIRCUIT

Re: WHITE LED DRIVERS

sudhir258 said:
PLEASE TELL ME THAT WHY WE REQUIRE A LED DRIVER FOR WHITE LEDS, AS IF RED, GREEN ,BLUE, YELLOW LEDS DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY DRIVING CIRCUIT

Not all LEDs requier a drive circuit because of the current they require.

It also depends on the circuit in the first place (if the component that is driving the LED can supply fnough current then a Drive Circuit is not required).

Hope that this was helpfull.

depend on your applications, that is, depend on the power.

White LEDs have high voltage drop – the RGB LEDs connected in series to get white color
3.3v logic power supply or 3.7v battery powered devices cannot drive white LEDs
the LED driver usually include voltage booster and current control to keep the LED brightness constant when the battery voltage drops

for red led around 1.2v required .... but for the white led around 3.2v required that is why it is required

Deal all :

Does anyone have the White LED marketing or technique paper ? I will join this market , I want to fast know the topic , Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back