Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why do we get layout grid errors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
grid errors in analog layout

Have you ever set the snap grid?

correcting off-grid errors

no ihavnt yet

off grid error

if your snap settings are not multiple of manufacturing grid specified in the technlogy file.

offgrid error

It might also happen because the grid you used might be smaller than the grid given in the design rules.

off grid error layout

but it is just the view type settings

we can change it after he design is over bcz

we can look more clearly while designing so that it would be accurate

off grid shape error

if your grid setting does not match the DRC fiel.you will get error.

grids layout errors

what is the meaning of grid settings in DRC file.

i know that there will be grid settings in drc file.

but i want to know the purpose of having tthat

ic layout grid

Does the bipolar process has no the grid spec? I can not find any spec of manufature grid in the material from the foundry.

Regards
Jay

Added after 19 minutes:

Do the scale and resolution in the DRC and LVS mean the manufature grip?

Have nice days

ic off grid error

yes exactly

Added after 2 minutes:

it will mentioned as the design rule layout grid is .01um at 1x .

its just an example

eagle off grid error

If ur layout grid space (usuallu multiple of 0.01) is not multiple of foudary specified snap to grid space ,U will get the off grid errors.

For example ,If ur foudary specified snap to grid space is say 0.005 and ,if u set the snap to grid in ur layout editor as 0.01 then u will get the off grid errors.

offgrid shape error

vijay.kumarreddy said:
If ur layout grid space (usuallu multiple of 0.01) is not multiple of foudary specified snap to grid space ,U will get the off grid errors.

For example ,If ur foudary specified snap to grid space is say 0.005 and ,if u set the snap to grid in ur layout editor as 0.01 then u will get the off grid errors.

0.01um is bigger than 0.005um grid . will it be off grid error?

off grid shape error

vijay.kumarreddy said:

0.01 is not error infact 0.001 would be a problem.

ads offgrid error

First, you should acquaint yourself with the design rule layout grid specified by the foundry, then specify your snap spacing multiple of that.

Re: ic off grid error

YESH_23 said:
yes exactly

Added after 2 minutes:

it will mentioned as the design rule layout grid is .01um at 1x .

its just an example

Please, could anybody explain me what means “1x"?

Thanks very much,

Palmeiras

Re: ic off grid error

palmeiras said:
Please, could anybody explain me what means “1x"?
It just means "one times", i.e. the shown distance of your grid dots or lines should be 1 * layout_grid_size.

Re: LAYOUT GRID ERROR

Suppose the grid settings in DRM is secified as .1u and you design the layout using o.o5.Later because you found out that the grid should have been .1, you change the settings to .1.
You will not be able to select the edge of some layers since your cursor will move .1 u each time.So you will not be able to select the features which fall between the new grid.
This is off grid errors.
For that you will have to select all layout and do a sna to grid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back