Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why Cellphones have contact Numbers, What they represent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Why Cellphones have contact Numbers, What they represent

Each cellphone is actually a unique transciever and to differentiate between various transcievers cellphone numbers are assigned.
Its just like assigning IP address to each site. or say names to human being.
However there's more to it.

Each number represents : 1.Service provider 2. User IDentification 3. Country /location

First few digits usually identify country/location next 3 digit identify a service provider and then last 5 digit are unique to any user.

This kind of numbering helps in effecting the communication, and the cell phone are searched for or located with help of this number. for further details refer any book on cellular ann mobile communication one good reference is book by Lee.

Is it possible to make a remote controller out of my cellphone?
If possible what parameters are to be considered to make a receiver for a controlled device using a cellphone (example a motor)

well as far as i know its not possible easily.

What u r thinking is not feasible as it hard to catch the signals of/from a cellphone.

and might be illegal too.

but i think u can do your project by utilizing the DTMF code transmission available in cellphones.

Thats just a suggestion....u gota explore more.

good luck

Is it possible to make a remote controller out of my cellphone?
If possible what parameters are to be considered to make a receiver for a controlled device using a cellphone (example a motor)

this project as i think :
1- I heared abut some students who were in my univ. ,they used the SMS service to accomplish this task, but there now in my univ. they graduated there project was called "Smart House" all machines worked by mobile messages.

2- The second method if you want to control your motor by a PC you should visit your cellural service providor(a branch of the company provide the service) sometimes they introduce a good solutions for example the internet card that gives u the ability to transfer data through the mobile network.

Finally don't hesitate to ask your service providor if there is any technologies that can support your project ,I think they will revere you as a creative Eng. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back