Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why AT91SAM7S flash memory is so difficult to program ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

kekon

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I really got furious. I'm making my own AT91SAM7Sxxx JTAG flash programmer but i can't run it.
For example, In the AT91SAM7S64 datasheet there is a chapter titled: "Serial fast Flash programming". The chapter describes how to program internal FLASH through JTAG. They say, all the commands to program and read the flash are written to Debug Comms Data Register and Debug Comms Control Register. For example, to read chip version one is to send "GVE" command which code is 0x1E. I write 0x1E through JTAG to Data Register but the value returned is still 0x1E.
I always read the same value which has been previously written through JTAG.
I spent weeks searching the internet on how to program flash in AT91 devices and the only solution i found were scripts uses in OpenOCD software. However there completely unreadable for me. I just can't understand them. I expect to find something which exactly describes what command one need to send through JTAG to program AT91 device. I'm not interested in such things as "Wiggler", DLLs from ATMEL etc. because they don't explain any relevant details to me. Is it possible to find any exact description on how to program AT91 flash memory ???

Status
Not open for further replies.