Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why antnenna UWB operates across the entire bandwith?

Status
Not open for further replies.

t25

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
-I don't no why antenna uwb operator the entire bandwith(3.1-10.6)?
Can you help me
ThankS

Some structures have physical shapes that allow them to operate over very wide bandwidths. Exponential slots and biconic antennas are examples. Others are a collection of narrow band antennas combined to provide wide coverage. A log-periodic dipole array is an example.

Vic Rumsey in the 60's started much work in this area by observing that antennas whose structures were defined by angles rather than lengths tended to be very broadband, think of spirals for example.

Kraus proposed a "volcano smoke" antenna for use as a broad band element.

Generally, "fat" antennas are broad band and "skinny antennas are frequency specific.

Azulykit said:
Vic Rumsey in the 60's started much work in this area by observing that antennas whose structures were defined by angles rather than lengths tended to be very broadband, think of spirals for example.

Is any design rule on the design of broadband antenna, a lot of new broadband monopole UWB design articles in IEEE paper, but all looks like black art, just try-and error? simulate it to see what happened? then pick the best result?

Are there any book has the basic rules collected?

t25

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thanks Azulykit!
I don't know cause to create across the entire bandwith. You can shown me th book mention it.

Azulykit said:
Are there any book has the basic rules collected?

from Antenna Engineering Handbook 4th ed. (Volakis edition):

Chapter 16: Wideband Microstrip Antennas
Chapter 19: UWB Antennas
Chapter 24: Ultrawide Band Arrays
Chapter 37: Broadband Planar Antennas for High-speed Wireless
Chapter 52: Impedance Matching, Broadbanding and Baluns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back