Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why all users of EDA tools have Linux Redhat/Mandrake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherif12

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Why Linux Redhat?

hi,

i noticed that all the users here that uses EDA tools (i used only few of them) are concerned so much with Linux redhat and mandrake, let me ask why Linux?

are the EDA tools they use designed to work on Linux only?
if yes, what should we learn about Linux.
if no, why they insist on Using Linux.

the motivation behind my question is that you dedicated a special part in your forum for Linux Questions?

Merry Christmas.

Sherif.

Re: Why Linux Redhat?

sherif12 said:
hi,

i noticed that all the users here that uses EDA tools (i used only few of them) are concerned so much with Linux redhat and mandrake, let me ask why Linux?

are the EDA tools they use designed to work on Linux only?
if yes, what should we learn about Linux.
if no, why they insist on Using Linux.

the motivation behind my question is that you dedicated a special part in your forum for Linux Questions?

Merry Christmas.

Sherif.

Most EDA before Linux had to be run on an Unix workstation which are very expensive ( 5 to 10 times compare to PC with the same performance). There are afew run on windows, because of its instability. now with the appearance of Linux, PC can have a stable operating systems and it's almost free. There are more and more applications have been ported to Linux, that's why we are interested in this topics

Re: Why Linux Redhat?

gerryhsu said:
Most EDA before Linux had to be run on an Unix workstation which are very expensive ( 5 to 10 times compare to PC with the same performance). There are afew run on windows, because of its instability. now with the appearance of Linux, PC can have a stable operating systems and it's almost free. There are more and more applications have been ported to Linux, that's why we are interested in this topics

yes, you got it. & the cpu speed of linux pc is more faster than unix workstation.

Status
Not open for further replies.