Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why a PIC16F628A resets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lythanhthuan

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have strange issue with a 16F628A. Its running a LCD display with a clock on it, and for some reason after a few days (time varies) it does a reset. I know this, because when I change the time, I store it in EEPROM, so after a reset, it reads the stored time..

Anyone an idea why this could be.. I've tried running it with MPASM debuger for over a day or two, but i got no errors..

Its powered by a small (400mA transformer) dc circuit with a 2200uf capicitor before a 7805..

I also tried another PIC, but same problem. Could it be caused by powerdips in the 230v? (would surprise me, because the capicitor is quite large..)

Re: PIC16F628A Reset?

It looks lik =e mains problem and 2200µF cap, of course helps, but may not cope with "longer" breaks ..

As this PIC can work with wide range of voltages you may consider adding a battery connected to 5V rail through a diode ( 3 x AAA = 4.5V ), so in normal operation this battery will be sitting there and doing nothing, if the 5V voltage falls below 4.5V-Vf(diode) power will be delivered from the battery pack ..

Maybe worth trying ..

Regards,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back