Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wht are the tools available for DFT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinjalp

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
i am giving seminar on DFT and i want to know what are the tools available for DFT.
if possible where can i get demo for those tools or introductory manuals for that tool.

synopsys has dft max/dft compiler. mentor graphics has fastscan / dft advisor. i'm sure u can find such similar products in cadence also.

if i want to have some tutorials on them, i usually try demosondemand.com . almost all eda vendors have some demos there. i'm not a dft guy. so, haven't looked for anything related to that. u can try ur luck there.

hi all,

if u mean the DFT- design for test : then the tools r dft max,dft advisor and turboscan.

DFT - digital fourier transforms : go for the matlab.

regards,
ramesh.s

Are there any other site available like demosondemand.com??
as i am a student at private institute, I am not having any of the company or institute mail address.
so it would be gr8 if some one can guide me on this?

VirginiaTech has an ATPG tool that is freely distributed for non-profit organizations. You can look for VT-VISC under
**broken link removed**

Mentor tools are sign-off as now
Synopsys tools are a step behind

hi i think mentor's DFT ADVISOR is industry standard

DFT advisor,Fast Scan,MBISTarchitect...etc are from mentor graphics....u could register urself at t menror graphics site and get hold of lot of related documents

There are tools that help to improve testability in RTL .
such as Spy-glass DFT , Mentor DFT advisor , Synopsys Test Compiler.

mentor's TMAX is a good took for ATPG

Mentor and Synopsys hasa good flow for DFT.

hellow all,

I want to know about the DFT as well .... why exactly we need to DO DFT and in which stage it is usually done.....and what are the criticle issues related to that ...

does the synthesis tools cannat take care of DFT issues.....

Mainstream DFT tools can be separated into 2 groups.
- Test Insertion
- ATPG Tools

Again ranked by popularity
DFT Insertion Tools
- Synopsys DC + TestCompiler (test insertion)
- Mentor DFTAdvisor
- Cadence Encounter RTL Compiler (test insertion features)
- LogicVision DFT
- DeFacTo Technologies

Test Generation Tools
- Mentor FastScan
- Synopsys TetraMax
- Cadence Encounter Test

One could further split the market with tools for Compression, true-time test, BIST, Boundary Scan etc.
--
ay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back