Who tried to build PIC demo board for Phillips/AVR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

white_shadow

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PIC demo boards

Has anyone tried or built a PIC board that works with Philips and AVR. There is one I'm interested in called the PICAll. It goes for about $60.This sounds like a good starting rig, but so does a home brew'd concoction that would cost me $5.

Re: PIC demo boards

For beginning BUY a demo board. Later on may be build yours. Ihave burnt my hand.

search in Post subject: PIC16F877 Development Board .

I just bought Myke Predko's PIC programming book that comes with a PCB. I just need to gather the parts and solder some components. This should be a good starting point as well as a good first project.

Something I was wondering about was the programming software/language that is used for MCU's. It seems as though the software that will accompany the book uses assembly or basic, (which I dont know) but can I get another program (free) in which I can use C/C++ (which I know)

Use ccs is good , already have much library ready use.
and the object file is very small. I like it.

For easying development board and starting PIC16F877 buy the rentron demo board , that's similiar basic stamp. I love it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…