Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Who makes a Horizontal, 12 pin former (5.08mm pitch) for E42/21/15 core set?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hi,
A bidding contractor has claimed to have designed an offline 120W flyback transformer using a E42/21/15 Core with a 0.9mm gap (Using "Philips" 3C90 ferrite). He says he used a 12 pin , horizontal former by Norwe...

.....However, Norwe..
...don't make a former of this description.

His PCB indeed shows a transformer footprint which indeed shows 12 pins, (6 each side). The pins are 5.08mm in pitch. The pin rows are 35.5mm apart. The "courtyard" of this transformer is 42.2mm by 42.2mm.
I cannot find a former of this size on the market. No TDK, Epcos or any other manufacturer shows a horizontal, 12 pin former with pin pitch of 5.08mm for E42/21/15 ferrite.
Do you know why he didnt use a standard Ferroxcube former for E42/21/15? (TDK , Norwe and Kaschke don't make formers for this ferrite)

{Due to this, We are wondering if he has made a mistake, and he actually used a different core set than his specified E42/21/15 core set}

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks, sorry i forgot to mention the former is not split.
As such, i still cannot find the former concerned.

Try Mr Tang-da - they seems to have a lot of bobbins with many pins ...
--- Updated ---

www.aliexpress.com/item/32696155311.html
--- Updated ---

--- Updated ---

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks, the horizontal, 8+8 pin for E42/21/15 from Guangzhou Tongyang Electronics looks good.
I wonder why Ferrox cube dont have one like this.

Also, the 8+8 pin one kindly supplied by Easy Peasy above doesnt seem to have an actual "English letters" Part number, and i wonder if it will create confusion if i include it in a transformer manufacture spec?

Also, from the above 8+8 pin bobbin drawing, its not really possible to be sure what is the actual winding width, as well as the winding depth of the former.

.....OK, thanks to Easy Peasy...the Miles Platts part number FE0230 is good and gives all dims.

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.