Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Who know 2.4GHz DSSS or FHSS single chip transceiver ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hi,
I want to use such a chip to implement data transmission.
The chip should not be a Bluetooth module for its expensive price.
I will add external PA an LNA for it to reach long distance.
Can U give me some advice ?
Thank U.

Last message is writen by me when not registered.
And the chip should include baseband that can control FH or DS.

Anonymous said:
Hi,
I want to use such a chip to implement data transmission.
The chip should not be a Bluetooth module for its expensive price.
I will add external PA an LNA for it to reach long distance.
Can U give me some advice ?
Thank U.

Hi Yellowtooth.

Have you got fed up with bluetooth then?.

Phil :wink:

tut tut and that's after he bought Bluelab!

JJ
:cry:

Hi Philip,

No, I am not fed upwiht BT.
In deed I am still interested in BT. And I have connected the CSR module U sent to me to PC though USB as well as a PIFA. I used the Ericsson's software to contol HCI of it, it can find Ericsson's BT module but not CSR's. So I cannot test the distance the 2 CSR module can reach each other. We think that mabe the Ericsson's software is not fit to CSR's.

On the other hand, I am interested in microwave relay that BT may not be competent for its distance limit and high price.

So I am searching a cheap chip that can work at 2.4GHz with FH or DS. And I prefer the chip that has base band function including modem and hop, de-hop, etc..

Can U give some suggestion ?

Hi Yellowtooth.

You may be right, I have heard of interoperation problems with Ericcson and other Bluetooth stuff.
Bluetooth will become cheaper as it catches on but as yet is costs quite a bit to get the 100m range and I guess 30m is not far enoguh for what you need.

Phil

DS and FH

For DS, usually in market, they use coxeant (Rockwell) solution. For newcomer, likes Intel Levelone, she always use DS as SST link and the integration is very high (RF + baseband integrated in one chip), but if you need to have long talk range, you need a external power ampliifer. But usually Rockwell and Levelone won't support freelance, so ......

One more party will be Lanwave, she always work hard to improve the chips but no RF solution.

For FH, and also fast hopping, I think now bluetooth become the right solution.

Rayengine

Hi Phil woz ere,
If need 100m distance, what chip do U suggest to use as front-end ?

Hi Rayengine,
I am realy interested in the chip RF + baseband of Intel Levelone. If I am a freelance , can I get the chip though some way ?

miketong,
TANK U.
It seems that ML** must be used with base-band processor.
And I cannot DL the datasheet .

yellowtooth said:
Hi Rayengine,
I am realy interested in the chip RF + baseband of Intel Levelone. If I am a freelance , can I get the chip though some way ?

As I know the current situation that Taiwan manufacturer has acquired the business of Intel Levelone, just has a cold email to vendor but I am not sure you can get the chips.

**broken link removed**

For microlinear, only RF solution, the baseband need will be Lanwave DSS chip and also one 8051 microcontroller.

BigBoss,
I have read the pdf file of Intersil, it is so complicated.
It seem that I have to use up to 3 chips to implement the whole transceiver.
And there is no pdf files in detail on the web site.

Rayengine,
Thank U very much for Ur information.
R U in taiwan ? I am in China main land.
Do U mean that the WPI in taiwan is a agency of Level one ?
If so, there must be one in mainland, I think.

chipcon.com

Hey yellowtooth,
If still not found see this site amis.com ,chipcon.com
these includes basbands.

TS

Hi Trishool,
Thank U !!!
It is very useful 4 me.

ISM Band Chips

Hi!

Maxim Semicoductor (www.maxim-ic.com) are produce some chips for ISM bands.He has many solutions for 2.4Ghz ISM band too...

Analog Devices (www.analog.com) produce too, but he has only two chips
Quadrature Modulator and Demodulator for 2.4Ghz and Baseband Processors.

Also you may to see products of:
Mini-Circuits (www.mini-circuits.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back