Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Who have used the open core of 8051 CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ic_design

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
8051 processor open core

Dear All,

I am designing an IC that 8051 CPU is used.

Who have used the open core of 8051 CPU? Could you please recommend one to me? And I want to know if the open core can be used in a product securely. Thanks.

use opencores cores

Check out this link:

Regards,
IanP

opencore 8051

Hi,
I have tested a very nice core from Oregano ( version 1.4 ). It runs smoothly on the Spartan-3.
I managed to run it at 38MHZ system clock. Considering that Oregano is a modified core this speed is roughly equivalent to some 250MHz classic 8051 with a 12cycle core. I tested it with several programs and noticed no single fault. It also has got interrupt handling and all standard peripherals implemented. Of course you need to adjust RAM, RAMX and ROM blocks to your FPGA, and provide some BIN->ROM translation. As far as I know you are free to use the core for noncommercial purposes. You may ask the designer for further explanation.
Regards, yego

http://www.oregano.at/en/ip/index.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.