Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

who can help me about design of a high frequency board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dariush

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
high frequency board

who can help me about design of a high frequency board?

dariush
could you be more specific?
Design an high frequency board can be something starting from 10MHz to GHz, simple LNA to complex tranceiver and so on.
Maybe an idea of the schematic and of the application it will help.
Bye
Mazz

high frequency board

hi
I want to work on high speed digital boards,
I know something about microwave,
How can I start designing of this boards?
the frequency is about 10GHz.
thanks
buy

Hi dariush,

what should your board exactliy do? Is it a pure digital design? What kind of logic (ECL, ...)? What is your clock frequency? Is the clock 10GHz???

Bye

Hi
I want to design a digital board,with clock frequency
about 10 GHz.
Bye

That depends on the length of the traces.

Hi dariush,

A digital design with a clock frequency of 10GHz is today nearly impossible. Look at actual CPU's: even these devices are running on frequencies below 3GHz...
If in future digital devices for such frequencies will be available, they surely will be clocked with a much lower frequency (e.g 100MHz) and multiplicate the clock internally with a PLL (all modern CPU's today do this). So your board design will be much slower. But also at these "low" frequencies you have to take care about line impedances, matched linelengths and correct terminations.

Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.