Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronic Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Register Log in

Who Can convert LVS file ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loverrf

Member level 4
Joined
Dec 29, 2001
Messages
73
Helped
1
Reputation
2
Reaction score
1
Trophy points
1,288
Activity points
514
diva lvs

I want to convert LVS file(dracula LVS file to diva LVS file)
because foundry suporter provide dracula LVS file.
but I have diva LVS license.

please help me.
 

sulifen

Member level 2
Joined
May 10, 2001
Messages
52
Helped
0
Reputation
0
Reaction score
0
Trophy points
1,286
Location
ROT
Activity points
328
calibre to diva conversion

In the C@de&ce inst@ll directory/tools.sun4v/dfII/bin, you can find a executable file: DraculaToDiva.
It's usage as same as the PDR@CUL@.
It can convert the Dr@cul@ command files to Div@.
 

philewar

Member level 4
Joined
Mar 17, 2002
Messages
72
Helped
3
Reputation
6
Reaction score
3
Trophy points
1,288
Location
Shanghai
Activity points
489
rule file conversion tool

Hello,

Are there any tools supporting diva2dracula? or Assura2dracula?

Thx.
 

sulifen

Member level 2
Joined
May 10, 2001
Messages
52
Helped
0
Reputation
0
Reaction score
0
Trophy points
1,286
Location
ROT
Activity points
328
I'm not sure.
As I know, so far, there are no such tools.
 

loverrf

Member level 4
Joined
Dec 29, 2001
Messages
73
Helped
1
Reputation
2
Reaction score
1
Trophy points
1,288
Activity points
514
thank you for your comment.
I am unfamiliar with Cadence tool.
I open Conversion Tool Box from Cadence main windows' tool manu
but, I can't find DraculaToDiva.
would you please explain DraculaToDiva's usage in detail ?
 

visualart

Advanced Member level 1
Joined
Dec 21, 2001
Messages
467
Helped
28
Reputation
56
Reaction score
4
Trophy points
1,298
Activity points
3,336
Hi,loverrf
I can not find the dracula2diva in the IC443 or IC50,
Only it maybe invert by man.
 

sulifen

Member level 2
Joined
May 10, 2001
Messages
52
Helped
0
Reputation
0
Reaction score
0
Trophy points
1,286
Location
ROT
Activity points
328
Hi, visualart, nice to meet you in this topic.
The "DraculaToDiva" not in Conversion Tool Box.
It is located at your "c@dence installation directory/tools.sun4v/dfII/bin/DraculaToDiva", if you have installed diva.
 

loverrf

Member level 4
Joined
Dec 29, 2001
Messages
73
Helped
1
Reputation
2
Reaction score
1
Trophy points
1,288
Activity points
514
Hi sulifen.
I have another question?
does "dracular2diva" convert dracular Rules to diva LVS Rules perfectly?
 

sulifen

Member level 2
Joined
May 10, 2001
Messages
52
Helped
0
Reputation
0
Reaction score
0
Trophy points
1,286
Location
ROT
Activity points
328
Unfortunately, even the "DraculaToDiva" is made by Cadence, but the converted Dive rules file can't run it directly.
Usually, you need to fix a few syntax errors by manual. For instance, the input layers name, it should be as same as the tech file definition.
 

sulifen

Member level 2
Joined
May 10, 2001
Messages
52
Helped
0
Reputation
0
Reaction score
0
Trophy points
1,286
Location
ROT
Activity points
328
To use "Diva" LVS, you should have to use the "Composer" to entry your design (schematic), "Diva" use that to instead of netlist.
 

rfsystem

Advanced Member level 3
Joined
Feb 25, 2002
Messages
914
Helped
148
Reputation
292
Reaction score
38
Trophy points
1,308
Location
Germany
Activity points
9,550
Sorry, my experience with drac2diva is from 1995. I had to convert a 1.6u CMOS rule file. Could translate 95% of the expressions. After taken a look at the remaining 5% of expression I understand that the builtup of the rule file uses the underlying semantic of dracula. I had to manually insert statements from diva which cover exact the cases of dracula. That tend very time consuming. After two weeks I start to rewrite the complete rule file in diva because I get familar with. I cross checked some designs I found discrepancies in both rules files. At appears that there remains 3 rules. One in rule text discription, one in drac, the other in in diva. The differencies where acceptable because the golden check with drac was made anyway. With calibre I found more similarities with diva.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Top