Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which version of what tool to support SystemVerilog3.1a?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexWan

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all
Now, which EDA vendor is release the new version of tool to support the systemverilog3.1a??

synopsys
Program can gain early access to Synopsys' SystemVerilog-based tools, such as VCS™ and HDL Compiler, the front-end language compiler for Design Compiler™, for development and support of their respective SystemVerilog tools, IP and training products. By participating in the SystemVerilog Catalyst Program, member companies can help provide their customers with a more effective path to interoperability with Synopsys' SystemVerilog-based tools and Accellera SystemVerilog language.

AlexWan said:
Hi all
Now, which EDA vendor is release the new version of tool to support the systemverilog3.1a??

I think all the three major vendors (SNPS, MENT, CDN) have some support. AFAIK, SNPS leads it, followed by MENT (Questasim) then Cadence - but things are changing as we speak. Check with your vendor.

Regards
Ajeetha, CVC

I think all the three major vendors (SNPS, MENT, CDN) have some support. AFAIK, SNPS leads it, followed by MENT (Questasim) then Cadence - but things are changing as we speak. Check with your vendor.

Apart from that Model sin XE 6.1d supports it

regards vips

Questa Sim support most of LRM

modesim supports only design specific constrcuts of systemverilog. questasim supports almost full LRM and is way ahead of cadence and synopsys

dada said:
modesim supports only design specific constrcuts of systemverilog. questasim supports almost full LRM and is way ahead of cadence and synopsys
All,
It will surely help all of us - the tech community, to quantify when we say "way ahead of xyz". Is there a list of constructs/context which one supports better than others? For example:

Interface + Modport + Clocking block support.
Program, Multiple programs
VMM kind of heavy OOP based code.

I would not get into who is better as I've NDA with more than one vendor, but for us to say "one is ahead of other" we would need a quantification IMHO.

Regards
Ajeetha, CVC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back