Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which version of 8051 to use ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask one practical question about wireless digital energy meter ?

You plan this like solution for home metering devices for payment system or its just like one project ?

Did you consider SMS messages?

What will happen if someone turn rf jummer to block reading of consuption of energy?

What encryption is considered? What if someone sends fake and incorrect data with other sender.

You can look 89S51 or 89S52 40-pins or Maxim-Dallas DS5000T (with lithium battery inside for clock) but his price is :oops:.

What energy meter device you using or planing to use?

Or you plan to make yours ? There is some plans if you need it.

Last edited:
Its for a college project. Since I'm new to circuit designing, its vry hard for me to find the right components to use. Also I have no support for circuit designing from my college...:sad:

Have you considered Silicon Labs family of 8051s?

They offer a wide range of devices, which all have a JTAG/C2 interface to facilitate programming and debugging:

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Silicon Labs’ 8-bit mixed-signal MCUs feature five key advantages over all other 8-bit MCUs:

Lowest power consumption in the industry (down to 10 nA in sleep mode)
Highest performance integrated analog peripherals (specified to the same levels as standalone analog chips)
Fastest 8-bit CPU on the market (up to 100 MIPS)
Smallest package sizes on the market (as small as 2 mm x 2 mm)
The industry’s easiest to use smart interface technology (USB, Ethernet, CAN, LIN, LCD drivers, etc)

Silabs also offers very reasonably priced **broken link removed**, most in the $35 to $50 range and kits which combine the development board, USB based JTAG/C2 adapter, power supply, etc.

A good general purpose MCU is the C8051F120, the development board C8051F120TB is only $50 or the kit with includes the JTAG/C2 adapter, power supply, etc, C8051F120DK for $99.

You can either use the KEIL uVision IDE/Compiler or Silicon Labs own IDE and the Open Source SDCC - Small Device C Compiler for code development.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back