Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which university has the best analog circuit design program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hackson

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Best analog program

Which university do you guys think is offering the best analog circuit design graduate program? :roll:

Re: Best analog program

I think berkley and stanford is the best

Isn't MIT a good choice?

Berkeley by far is the best school: mix of very in depth circuit courses and in depth theoretical and practical courses.

MIT is heavy on theory, bad on practice.

Stanford, the same.

I judge this based on authors: I find Berkeley authors books are the most well written, easy to read books out there. Those written by others (Razavi, Thomas Lee - both Stanford) are not good at explaining concepts -- they assume a lot of knowledge and don't really explain a thing.

Also depends what you want to do -- Berkeley is great for RFIC type classes (<10GHz)

For MMIC (>10GHz - although that is changing) try:

University of Michigan
Georgia Tech (also good for Analog IC)
Carnegie Mellon

As gar as RAZAVI is concern, I m completely disagree with u..RAZAVI is simplest and well written book to understand analog design issues..

I think Razavi's book is good, it is not for a very beginner though. For an experienced engineer, it's a good book.....I would say Gray and Meyer's book is better in providing insight to the beginners........if there is a fifth edition which is completely for MOS....I think it will be the best book....

Baker Li is a good book for beginer.
just to understand designing, Although doesnt give a real design exposure and how design need to be trimed due to DSM issues.

Would you mind telling me the name of the book?
8O

CMOS Circuit Design, Layout, and Simulation[/url][/code]

opamp741 said:
CMOS Circuit Design, Layout, and Simulation[/url][/code]

and chapters 2-10 of the book are available here

CMOS circuit design layout and simulation
/http://www.mcu.cz/atm/index.php?&direction=0&order=&directory=UsersFiles/casual3/Electrical%20Engineering/Cmos%20Circuit%20Design%20Layout%20and%20Simulation

regards,
arunmit168.

Best analog program

i think Allen's book is a good one for beginer."CMOS Analog Circuit Design"

Status
Not open for further replies.