Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which type of notch filter is best for GSM band?

Status
Not open for further replies.

g86

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Filter design

Which type of notch filter (15 MHz BW) is best suitable for GSM band. Which simulator shoul I prefer. I am thinking to start with Parfil and check with Sonnet. Is it ok?

I need to reduce the insertion loss. I want to choose stripline with air subtrate and thick lines and shorted or taped interdigital config. Is it OK? Do you have any practical experince of problem associated with it?

:!: :idea: :?:

:D Hi ,

I suggest u deal it with a shorted interdigital config in rod coxial line way.

by the way, How can I get a free Parfil , can U help me?

james

Hi, g86!

Have you tried Filter wizard in I/E/3/D? It can be run from ZPM ---> I/E/3/D library --> filter wizard. After synthesis it can be simulated.
Regards,
Eirp

Erip,

Are you talking about FilterSyn?

I have tried them. My remark is Zeland made a real showcase of filters. The synthesis engine has many bugs and many thing has not been implemanted yet. For notch filters they are highly unefficient and many times does not even converge:(. Even any higher order filters dies up with some arbitrary values. Also no option for tan(delta) and strip thickness. And you know they are all open wall simulation. Horrible results.... mate.

eirp said:
Hi, g86!

Have you tried Filter wizard in I/E/3/D? It can be run from ZPM ---> I/E/3/D library --> filter wizard. After synthesis it can be simulated.
Regards,
Eirp

Thankx for your suggestion. Actually I was also suggested by U_f_O to use circular rods. But I found it is very difficult to analyze them further with EM simulators. :( Any further suggestion...

jamez said:
:D Hi ,

I suggest u deal it with a shorted interdigital config in rod coxial line way.

by the way, How can I get a free Parfil , can U help me?

james

Hi,

I really simulate a filter by hfss,and it really run good.
But for crossover coupling I have good synthesis engine.
I contact with wavecon, but it's email can't run.

good lucky.

Which synthesis engine you are refering?

regards

jamez said:
Hi,

I really simulate a filter by hfss,and it really run good.
But for crossover coupling I have good synthesis engine.
I contact with wavecon, but it's email can't run.

good lucky.

synthesis engine for me is elliptic

Status
Not open for further replies.