Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronic Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Register Log in

Which type of notch filter is best for GSM band?

Status
Not open for further replies.

g86

Full Member level 4
Joined
Jan 21, 2003
Messages
212
Helped
11
Reputation
22
Reaction score
7
Trophy points
1,298
Location
On top of antenna :))
Activity points
2,232
Filter design

Which type of notch filter (15 MHz BW) is best suitable for GSM band. Which simulator shoul I prefer. I am thinking to start with Parfil and check with Sonnet. Is it ok?

I need to reduce the insertion loss. I want to choose stripline with air subtrate and thick lines and shorted or taped interdigital config. Is it OK? Do you have any practical experince of problem associated with it?

:!: :idea: :?:
 

jamez

Member level 3
Joined
Jan 15, 2002
Messages
56
Helped
0
Reputation
0
Reaction score
0
Trophy points
1,286
Activity points
370
:D Hi ,

I suggest u deal it with a shorted interdigital config in rod coxial line way.

by the way, How can I get a free Parfil , can U help me?

james
 

eirp

Advanced Member level 1
Joined
Dec 11, 2001
Messages
466
Helped
29
Reputation
56
Reaction score
19
Trophy points
1,298
Location
Phase center
Activity points
5,142
Hi, g86!

Have you tried Filter wizard in I/E/3/D? It can be run from ZPM ---> I/E/3/D library --> filter wizard. After synthesis it can be simulated.
Regards,
Eirp
 

g86

Full Member level 4
Joined
Jan 21, 2003
Messages
212
Helped
11
Reputation
22
Reaction score
7
Trophy points
1,298
Location
On top of antenna :))
Activity points
2,232
Erip,

Are you talking about FilterSyn?

I have tried them. My remark is Zeland made a real showcase of filters. The synthesis engine has many bugs and many thing has not been implemanted yet. For notch filters they are highly unefficient and many times does not even converge:(. Even any higher order filters dies up with some arbitrary values. Also no option for tan(delta) and strip thickness. And you know they are all open wall simulation. Horrible results.... mate.

:!: :idea: :?:


eirp said:
Hi, g86!

Have you tried Filter wizard in I/E/3/D? It can be run from ZPM ---> I/E/3/D library --> filter wizard. After synthesis it can be simulated.
Regards,
Eirp
 

g86

Full Member level 4
Joined
Jan 21, 2003
Messages
212
Helped
11
Reputation
22
Reaction score
7
Trophy points
1,298
Location
On top of antenna :))
Activity points
2,232
Thankx for your suggestion. Actually I was also suggested by U_f_O to use circular rods. But I found it is very difficult to analyze them further with EM simulators. :( Any further suggestion...

:!: :idea: :?:


jamez said:
:D Hi ,

I suggest u deal it with a shorted interdigital config in rod coxial line way.

by the way, How can I get a free Parfil , can U help me?

james
 

jamez

Member level 3
Joined
Jan 15, 2002
Messages
56
Helped
0
Reputation
0
Reaction score
0
Trophy points
1,286
Activity points
370
Hi,

I really simulate a filter by hfss,and it really run good.
But for crossover coupling I have good synthesis engine.
I contact with wavecon, but it's email can't run.

good lucky.
 

g86

Full Member level 4
Joined
Jan 21, 2003
Messages
212
Helped
11
Reputation
22
Reaction score
7
Trophy points
1,298
Location
On top of antenna :))
Activity points
2,232
Which synthesis engine you are refering?

regards

:!: :idea: :?:


jamez said:
Hi,

I really simulate a filter by hfss,and it really run good.
But for crossover coupling I have good synthesis engine.
I contact with wavecon, but it's email can't run.

good lucky.
 

jamez

Member level 3
Joined
Jan 15, 2002
Messages
56
Helped
0
Reputation
0
Reaction score
0
Trophy points
1,286
Activity points
370
synthesis engine for me is elliptic
 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Top