Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which type of antennas is the best one for SRD at 868MHz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac7978

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
best 868mhz antenna

Hi all,

I am going to design a short range device at 868MHz, but i am not familiar with the antenna theory. Can anyone suggest which type of microstrip antennas is more suitbale? Loop antenna , open stub antenna or a slot antenna?

The major concern is the size of the antenna.

ThX

Best rgd :D

slot antenna 868mhz

I would go for a PIFA (Planar Inverted F Antenna)
There are a few main principles to reduce the overall PIFA size:
-Placing a short circuit at the zero electric field line
-The use of a dielectric substrate
-Capacitive loading at the end of the radiator
-Folding of the antenna structure to achieve a resonant path on smaller area

regards

loop antenna 868mhz

Hi,

This kind of applications are using usually a loop antenna. This kind of antenna can be made small,

regards,

Tony :eek:

Re: Which type of antennas is the best one for SRD at 868MHz

Thanks for your reply. I also think loop antenna is a good choice for 868MHz applications. But i have a problem, what is the main paramemter that dominantes the operating frequency of this kind of antenna? The loop area or the lenght of the loop, also is the length needed to set around 1/4 lamda?

Thx

regard

hi
I think microstrip antenna could be the best for ur application, detailed info about it u can find a tutorial at rfic.co.uk

Hi,

u have several kind of loopantennas; usually the current distribution along the loop is relative constant, this means that the length of the loop should be small compared with the wavelength, the loop is then tuned to resonance with a capacitor, gain of such a antenna in practise is rather low , from -25 dbi to 10 dbi...but they are small
if u have more place u can consider to use a full wavelength loopantenna, this has a very good performance, gains of 2 dbi are feasible

maybe this is of some help to u,

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back