Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which tool is the best for FPGA programming & optimisati

Status
Not open for further replies.

vibhute_r_p

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
simplicity xilinx ise

Which is th e best tool for FPGA programming & optimisation?

fpga s/w

Xilinx ISE s/w comes with almost all the of design flow tasks (i.e design entry to implementation), except simulationg tool. The Optimization level of these tools are also quite good, it's a very powerful tool.

Which FPGA s/w is good?

what is the newest version of Xilinx ISE.

Which FPGA s/w is good?

Latest Version of Xilinx :ISE 6.3

Re: Which FPGA s/w is good?

sp 3 with IPUpdate 3(330M)

Which FPGA s/w is good?

The version7 is come soon!

Which FPGA s/w is good?

3 FPGA IDE s/w:

Xilinx ISE: Mature, Stable, Efficient, Best Online Support
Altera Quartus: Stable, Efficient
Lattice ispLever: Newcomer

Which FPGA s/w is good?

I think the "best tool" term will depend also on your FPGA vendor... I mean if you are using Xilinx FPGAs then you got to use Xilinx ISE and not Altera Quartus...

Which FPGA s/w is good?

Xilinx: ISE + Modelsim + Leonardo Spectrum
Altera: Quartus + Modelsim + Leonardo Spectrum
Lattice: IspLever

Which FPGA s/w is good?

@ltera: qu@rtus + debussy + Synplify Pro

replacing leonardo spectrum with precision RTL and Physical from mentor Graphics will give better performance numbers.
I have used both and compared and i am surprised by the performance and features in precision .

As far as sysnthesizing on fpgas go the synlify tool is the leader and ofcourse you have to go with the vendors tooo for place and route of their fpgas. DCfpga also does a good job but not as easily as with synplify pro from simplicity. Also you can do the synthesis job with vendors P&R tool and can get some good results.

Added after 1 minutes:

As far as sysnthesizing on fpgas go the synplify tool is the leader and ofcourse you have to go with the vendors tooo for place and route of their fpgas. DCfpga also does a good job but not as easily as with synplify pro from simplicity. Also you can do the synthesis job with vendors P&R tool and can get some good results if the design is not big.

Which FPGA s/w is good?

i think you can try Synplify .

Which FPGA s/w is good?

synplify is best tools for synthesis

mic_huhu said:
synplify is best tools for synthesis

Hi Mic_huhu,
Hope u have worked with synplify, ise and some other synthesis tools for FPGA.
can u plz share, "in what aspects synplify is better than the other tools".
i'm working with ISE, i just wanted to try out Synplify then.

Using SYNPLIAFY for synthesis and Xilinix for the rest of teh Flow gives optimum results

Which FPGA s/w is good?

modelsim for hdl entry and simulation (maybe u could use hdl designer),synplify for synthesis and naturally vendors place and route for placement and routing.

regards
amarnath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back