Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which tool is better: Tetramax or Fastscan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vmanthapuri

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Has anyone used both the tool for patterns generation to make apple to apple comparison and say which tool can give better results?
I am fastscan user all along and I would like to know if any anyone around here have any openions if tmax can handle any situations better than Fastscan?
like for example I know Tetramax can do "fault grading " using functional vectors but fastscan is not that well developed for that task.

I am wondering if any has experienced anything to say fastscan is better than tetramax or Vice versa.
any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
~V

fastscan tetramax

hi, Vmanthapuri, how to "fault grading" your functional vectors ?

fastscan +tetramax

Fault grading has following steps.

Take EVCD from functional vectors
prepare them for tester by defining the events and strobes
Build model
then run DRC with nofile option
run vectirs in "good simulation mode' to validate simulation model and vectors as well.
then "fault simulate the vectirs to get the coverage.

the best coverage I could get was b/w 30 to 40%. It is clearly given in tetramax userguide as well.
Hope it helps,
~V

fast scan tetramax

Fastscan is better from the DFT itself. TetraMax is better from the tools' understanding to logic.

fault grading tetramax

TMax has the capability for small delay defects(SDD) coverage which are missed in Transition Fault testing. Tmax SDD works on slack calculation information which it reads from SDC file. This feature at presently not well supported in Fastsscan

fast scan model .v

in our company, we use the fastscan tool!

fastscan tetramax author

Anyworkshops coming up for tetramax or fastscan

fastscan2009

Hi friends i'm very new to this tool..How should i initially start up to work with this toollDo we have anyworkshops or training coming up for tetramaxin India... Or is the userguide more than enough.. Please help.

fastscan to tetramax

I feel fastscan is much better when compared to Tetramax.
It is very easy to understand even.
Run times are much faster.

Thats why it is costlier than TMAX.

But now our company is moving towards TMAX!
Cost reduction :(

Re: fastscan to tetramax

ahfoo said:
I feel fastscan is much better when compared to Tetramax.
It is very easy to understand even.
Run times are much faster.

Thats why it is costlier than TMAX.

But now our company is moving towards TMAX!
Cost reduction :(

TMAX gives good coverage for IDDQ in comparison to fast scan.
and the compression ratio is good w.r.t xtol and pattern count.
Bit diificult to dfine the conditional or named procedure initially in the proc file (spf).
Else TMAX is also easier.

One advantage with Fast scan is capturing the values in setup mode is available but
this feature is not supported in TMAX.
Mainly helps P1500 controller sequencing.

With BR,
Shail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back