Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which starter kit can i use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

omeraygor

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can u halp me choosing a fpga kit? it has pci express, and gbitethernet and i will do on embedded linux aplications. in addition must support 10/100/1000 ethernet.:?:

Not too many 'starter' boards come with GbE (gigabit ethernet.) Off the top of my head, there is the Xilinx Spartan-3A/1800 DSP ($399 USD) and Xilinx Virtex4/FX-12 ML403 ($399 USD).

However, the Microblaze softcore CPU isn't fast enough to use GbE -- you can use the GbE link, but it'll run at 100Mbps or slower speeds. Therefore, you'll need a PowerPC based Xilinx FPGA board, such as the ML403/405.

If you can wait another few months, Xilinx's Virtex/5-FXT series is about to be released -- that's basically a Virtex-5 with embedded PowerPC 440.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back