Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which StandCell Library include Integrated gate-clock cell ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

S0933263236

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Synopsys Power Compiler can use integrated gate-clock cell (Latch type) to implement a low power design. Which StandCell Library support the integrated gate-clock cell (Latch Type) that can be used by power compiler ?

celsl

I don't think we need stdcells for gate-clock cell, we can write it use verilog or vhdl. the design compiler will map it to gace-clock cells( latch).

yes . DC or PT can check the gated clk's setup/hold time violation .
U dont worry about that . The latch even can do timing borrow from last stage.

Thanks !
I did know that DC with power compiler feature can handle gate clock circuit without integrated gate-clock cell in standard-cell library. And, I did know how to implement the Gate clock funtion(using VHDL/Verilog) with DC (no power compiler feature). For some reason , I still want to know :
Which StandCell Library support the integrated gate-clock cell (Latch
Type) that can be used by power compiler ?

my experience

Hi, I have not used a STD gating cell from ASIC vendor, but I have tried to use a integrated-gating-cell(Latch, posedge) that created by our circuit design team. Power compiler seems can not handle the cell very cell, I hope DC to replace my clock enalbe flip-flop by puting a gating cell in front it and replace the flip-flop with no clock enable pin. DC do insert the gating cell, but do not replace the clock enable flip-flop. This is quite strange. My work around is insert clock gating circuit using std cells, then hack the netlist by a perl program. The chip do works.

Re integrated-gating-cell

Samsung 0.18um library (STD130) have integrated-gating-cell.

What about testability (Scan) for this type of circuit.

There are no serious problem with testability (of course we have a few ATPG untestable points in clock-gatted-cell, but it is not important because this number is small).
In scan mode, this gated clock is replaced with scan clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back