Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which software to use to view .art Gerber files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anantha Krishna

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

Which Gerber viewer software supports .art format? I tried many but they are not supporting.

I want view few Gerber files for analysis.

Please suggest

If you are sure that they are Gerber files then rename them to .gbr

Gerber is Gerber is Gerber.

The name is just a name.

If is starts like the following then its RS274-X

G70*
%FSLAX53Y53*%
%ADD11C,0.002*%
%ADD12C,0.014*%
%ADD13C,0.020*%
%ADD14C,0.075*%
%ADD15C,0.039*%
D11*
X12821Y15864D02*
X14644Y15864D01*
X14644Y14848*
X12821Y14848*
X12821Y15864*

If such a thing was possible, the software itself would have opened it properly irrespective of the extension name given. Its not about name or extension, but the software that supports that format.

CAM350, Camtastic in Altium, gerber tool in ORCAD - all they open gerber files. So, if your files are really gerber files they should be opened there. BTW, which program generated these files?

CAM350 is a great software to view Gerber file, you can use CAM350 for panel editor and NC editor and DRC analysis

while the posting is not clear , i think the OP has a file of .art
he wants to view it with gerber viewer.
may be it is an 'artwork'?

if it is .art , then some old versions of 'internet explorer' is the tool.

TBH I dont think they will be Gerber files.

open the file in any Gerber viewer! u can get lots of them if u Google for Gerber viewer !

if its a valid Gerber file it will open it ! else its not a Gerber file.... extension doesn't matter !

Like I said, it does not sound like it is a Gerber file from the extension.

Perhaps the OP can post one here?

.art is the default name for gerbers that have been created by cadence allegro. Now until the OP posts the header no one really knows what it is !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back